My Client’s Business Intelligence team is responsible for turning business data into meaningful, accurate and useful information to help the business make sound commercial decisions and plan accurately. Due to the continued expansion and success of the business, they are recruiting for an additional Developer to join a busy, friendly and close-knit team who possess a wide range of skills and experience between them.
- Solid T-SQL experience, including complex query writing, stored procedures and functions
- Good general SQL server knowledge, including indexes, transaction logs, jobs, creating tables, data types, nulls etc.
- Previous SSRS experience
- Strong data analysis skills
- Some exposure to or understanding of SSIS/ ETL techniques
- Understanding of data warehousing methodology
- Dimensional modelling/ data modelling techniques
- Working with BI tools – Pyramid would be particularly advantageous
- Experience of working with large volumes of data (10s or 100’s of million record tables)
- Query tuning
The BI Developer will be responsible for working with the BI team to help the business to achieve its strategic goals. This will include managing business data and building reporting tools to help to meet business requirements.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Working with colleagues across the business to scope and define new business requirements, assisting and guiding with technical specifications where required
- Creating accurate and consistent data sets
- Producing and maintaining key business reports
- Maintaining the business reporting tools
- Working with the BI team to deliver projects on time, to a high specification
- Sharing and promoting
- Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your line manager.
By applying now, you accept you have read and accepted our GDPR Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.Back to Vacancy Listing