Chief Technology Officer
Chief Technology Officer / CTO: Our client provides turnkey solutions to their niche facilities management sector through the implementation of people and technology-based services and systems. Driving up standards for over 25 years, their exponential growth over the last few years is a testament to the exceptional service they provide and has led to high levels of client loyalty.
Benefitting from unique access to the resources and knowledge of industry experts and trailblazers, the Group employ 400+ people and enjoy big company credibility and capability while simultaneously fiercely protecting small company mentality. This gives them the edge and provides the confidence to offer each client a bespoke service and unlimited support.
The new Chief Technology Officer / CTO will be joining at an exciting time in the Group’s development as they look to drive the expansion and market share of their organisation with a range of new digital products that will see them move away from more traditional management solutions and see them provide a number of market-leading data-driven services to their customers. The technology department will form the driving force behind this change and play a vital role in bringing these products to market.
The Chief Technology Officer / CTO will have complete control of the in-house technical team and will be expected to work with external consultancies and suppliers to run and maintain the current estate and lead the technological development of new products and services right through to market launch.
Fundamental to the role will be the CTO’s expertise and knowledge of the latest software, coding and methodologies in order to ensure that they are able to manage, review and verify the work carried out by staff and suppliers/contractors.
They are looking for an innovative technical evangelist with extensive knowledge of leading a growing IT team that has a strong position within the organisation.
The CTO will report directly to the Board and will be expected to come up with new and exciting product ideas and ways in which the organisation can improve its use of technology.
The current technology stack is comprised of a mostly Microsoft based technology stack with new products using the latest and greatest Azure services combined with some older services running on an ageing SQL based on-premise estate. A large part of the role will be to move the older estate in line with the newer products and services as well as implementing a number of governance procedures to ensure that the in-house team work in the most efficient and cost effective way.
They are looking for someone with a wealth of experience in driving organisations forward into new markets by leveraging modern cloud-based technology platforms. Candidates must have operated in SMEs and have experience in working with the business to set the strategic direction of the company with their fellow senior leaders.
Expected skills for the position are:
- Strong database / data architecture background, strong understanding of Relational Database principles and skills associated with it (T-SQL, SQL Server)
- A strong technical background working as a software developer / development lead within a C#/.NET environment, working with technologies such as SQL Server, ASP.Net, MVC, RESTful JSON Services, Team Services, APIs, etc.
- Know modern full stack development best practices, including views on microservices / server less design, CQRS – Event Sourcing etc.
- All aspects of scrum & project management for the software development activities in both internal & external teams (e.g. backlog grooming, agile process ownership, sprint planning, capacity measurement, etc.). Ideally using Team Services or equivalent (Jira)
- Experience managing a team across the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including test and integration, and implementing best working practices
- Strong experience with Agile development techniques, with the ability to lead Scrum teams
- A passion for technology and a keen interest in cutting edge development tools and practices
- Strategic planning in medium to large scale businesses
- Change management and development of governance processes
- Business and financial acumen in both internal and product based financials
- Leadership of diverse technical teams (Database / Data warehouse, Business Intelligence, Development, Infrastructure)
By applying now, you accept you have read and accepted our GDPR Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.Back to Vacancy Listing