The Developer-in-Test (PHP) will be a constant role model for the company, providing well-crafted, resilient solutions, which enable the business to achieve the company’s strategic goals. The role includes identifying, sharing and spreading best practise throughout the business, and demonstrating excellent teamwork across all departments. You will be responsible for developing key relationships both internally and externally. You will be accountable to your team leader for producing high-quality solutions that meet specified requirements and are delivered when scheduled:
• Good understanding of automation concepts
• Good working knowledge of different types of automated tests e.g. unit, functional, contract, journey, monitoring and acceptance tests;
• Ability to design and implement automated tests suites for SOAP/RESTful services
• Ability to design and write performance and regression tests for REST services, and interpret the results.
• Good working knowledge of performance testing
• Good understanding of REST APIs and their concepts e.g. HTTP methods and response codes;
• Ability to review reports and deal with failures, documenting defects with steps-to-reproduce and working with developers to expedite solutions;
• Ability to design and implement manual or ad hoc test plans.
• Meticulous attention to detail with an inquisitive nature;
• Experience in working with LAMP-based development tools including MySQL;
• Programming experience (ideally PHP) and the ability to contribute to code reviews;
• Experience in a continuous delivery development
• Exposure of centralised logging and monitoring systems, such as New Relic, Graylog and statsD
• Understanding of micro-service architecture
• Ability to mentor colleagues
• Experience of working with browser automation tools (e.g. Selenium).
• At least two years commercial experience as a either a developer and/or software tester
• Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline;
• Worked collaboratively in a team environment where Agile methods are used to schedule development work and software releases;
• Meticulous attention to detail with an inquisitive nature
• Excellent organisational, planning and prioritisation skills
• Excellent communicator at all levels