DevOps Developer: Due to continued global growth and expansion into new markets our Client are expanding their team. They are looking to consolidate and simplify their infrastructure and development workflow which is currently spread between managed service providers. You will be responsible for helping to architect robust and scalable infrastructure solutions based on the AWS cloud to help support their growing business. By moving to a continuous deployment model they hope to ship better code, faster and allow them to focus more on delivering great products to their customers.
Working under the Head of Technology you will be helping to transform their current infrastructure and reduce infrastructure costs, bringing their product set onto a unified platform that will allow easier management and scaling.
They follow agile principles and all opinions matter equally, from junior developers right up to Head of Technology. This is a real opportunity for an ambitious engineer to help shape the future of a successful and growing product in an established team.
About the candidate:
● A desire to create best-in-class products and stay on top of the latest web trends and technologies.
● A positive attitude and love working with a team.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● The ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects with strict deadlines.
● High level of self-management and organisational skills.
● Server Administration and Architecture including load balancing and auto scaling groups. (Primary Linux; RHEL and Ubuntu)
● LAMP, LEMP and MEAN stack deployments
● Server provisioning systems such as Capistrano and Puppet
● Code deployment systems such as Chef
● Experience with MySQL, MongoDB/NoSQL architecture, deployment/configuration and administration. Including HA configuration
● Git and version control experience along with experience working with continuous deployment and git hooks
● At least one server side programming language such as Python, Perl, Ruby or Java or similar
● Continuous integration and build systems such as Travis or Jenkins
● Working knowledge of AWS including EC2, S3, Cloudfront CDN, Auto Scaling groups and load balancing
● Experience with Web application firewalls, networking and firewall configuration and management
● Experience of working within a PHP web development team an advantage
● Experience working with media streaming and transcoding beneficial
● Experience with other cloud platforms such as Rackspace or Google Cloud
What’s on offer:
They work from a modern open-plan office in Hertfordshire with great rail links to London St Pancras and easy access to the A1 and M1. They choose to be there because it’s a collaborative environment and they don’t have to spend hours commuting!
● Market leading salary with regular reviews
● 29 days holiday, including your birthday and bank holidays
● A company contribution to your personal pension
● Access to further training
● PerkBox employee rewards (discounts on the high street and online)
By applying now, you accept you have read and accepted our GDPR Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.Back to Vacancy Listing