Asset Resourcing have been retained on an exclusive basis by this FTSE 250 employer to source an Enterprise Architect responsible for the overall technology architecture strategy to ensure that it is aligned with our Client’s company targets and expansion plans.
A current Cloud focus requires an Architect who is able to understand the business drivers for the migration to the cloud as well as the practical considerations for implementation. You will be responsible for helping shape and drive our Client’s Cloud strategy and the projects that arise from it.
In practice, this will mean working with all parts of the business to understand their vision and then translate this into a coherent technical roadmap to get them there. You will be accountable for overseeing all solution designs and supporting cross-functional Agile teams to ensure that these are implemented efficiently, securely and are built for scale.
This is a highly visible senior role where you will collaborate with product teams and internal customers to define solutions for Cloud projects. You will have the opportunity to stay fresh with the technical details since solution teams will need consultation along the way on real-time patterns, mining/modeling, data architecture, and cloud transformation patterns.
• Deliver the IT Business Case and engage with C-Level Executives to educate them of the business merits of a migration to the Cloud;
• Defining and shaping technical roadmaps to support the migration to the cloud – including analysis of existing landscapes to determine migration feasibility.
• Play a key part in client-facing business development activities with respect to the Cloud go-to-market.
• Lead technical delivery of enterprise cloud migration programmes. This role assumes the candidate will be supporting multiple projects in parallel.
• Been a visionary technology leader who embraces complexity and isn’t afraid to fail-and-fix fast
• Experienced scaling problems and evolved a platform that supports a nationwide clientele
• Passion about Agile development, value empowered teams and possess a results-orientated mindset
• Kept data and systems secure in a compliant and regulated environment
• Worked with partners and vendors on complex integration projects
• Deep understanding of how applications of all types are migrated to Cloud platforms. This includes understanding of best practices for identifying migration candidates, automation of technical activities in support of migration, deployment and run.
• Understanding and experience of the Industry standard architectural frameworks – including TOGAF. Certification is desirable but not required.
• Understanding and demonstrable experience of project delivery from the perspective of a Project Manager. Certification is desirable but not required.
• Understanding and demonstrable experience of leading and supporting all phases of the sales process.