Head of BI
Working for a retailer in their central London HQ, my client is looking to appoint a Head of Business Intelligence. The role presents an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to lead and shape the future of Business Intelligence within the organisation.
• Owner of the technology roadmap for the delivery of Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting and Data Warehousing.
• Develop a BI Strategy that is aligned and supports the objectives of the business plan.
• To lead the BI team; setting objectives aligned to business objectives and ensuring that focus is maintained.
• Manage, motivate and develop team members to create an effective team working environment.
• Own the BI Architecture, including the selection of new technologies and management of vendors.
• Take a hands-on role within the team to specify, design, implement and deliver technical solutions.
• Effectively manage the costs of the BI tool portfolio, working with key stakeholders to ensure maximum ROI.
• Deliver information solutions that streamline, simplify and improve the accuracy of information generation and distribution.
• Own the governance, quality and strategy for data.
• Collaborate with the business to help improve their reporting methods and data analysis techniques.
• Support the business in understanding how to best use information effectively.
• Ensure that design specifications, quality assurance and release documentation is created and delivered to a high standard.
• Prepare and perform system testing and assist User Acceptance Tests when required.
• Responsible for the end to end delivery of BI projects; including project management, design, build and implementation.
• Owner of BI project roadmap; including the management of multiple projects running concurrently.
• Own and manage the Business as Usual support of BI tools and reporting.
• Must have SAS & SQL Experience
• BI System Availability and Service Level Agreements.
• BI System Stability and Robustness.
• BI System Data Quality and Reporting Accuracy.
• Business as Usual- Response Times.
• BI Project Delivery.