Senior / Software Development Engineer: As a Senior Software Development Engineer you will be pushing cutting-edge code on one of the UKs largest retail websites visited by millions of customers. Accordingly, our client is looking for developers who are passionate about creating scalable services across a variety of systems.
Expected Technology Stack:
Spring framework / Java / Node.js / MongoDB/ Redis / postgres / Docker, Vagrant / TDD / BDD / ELK stack
- Ability to design scalable services and functional interfaces.
- Ability to model, design and develop REST APIs.
- Perform the role of a team's design authority with the ability to review peer or junior member software design.
- Apply best engineering practices with other team members, and maintain code quality across applications.
- Working in an agile environment cooperating with Product Managers and business stakeholders to produce an excellent experience.
- Lead and influence team members on technical decisions and design.
- Introduce new technology, methods and frameworks to the software development organisation
Experience & Skills:
- Degree in computer science or other technical programme with exposure to programming.
- Sound software development experience in a technology organisation with history of delivering at least 7 or more software systems and platforms.
- Experience implementing scalable software systems and platforms.
- Experience with software optimisation.
- Expert knowledge in building REST APIs
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Familiarity with the workings of retail backend systems i.e. order management, inventory management
- You enjoy technology but have a life outside of work; they look for people bringing new experiences to the team.