Data Science Consultant: Our Client are looking for looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join their existing team. You will work with their clients across the UK and be based out of either their London, Edinburgh, Chester or Leeds office.
Who They Are: Our Client is a Data Management and Analytics consultancy, working with leading BI software vendors to enable their clients unlock value and insight from their data. They have over 140+ consultants working across Banking, Retail, Local Government, Life & Pensions, and Insurance sectors around the UK. Their consultants work with technologies such as SAS, Microsoft SQL Server, Python, R, Qlik, Tableau, and Power BI to name a few.
People are at the heart of everything they do. They are proud to be 100% employee owned, creating a culture unique to our Client. They invest heavily in the training and development of their team, hold monthly socials in each region, and regular lunches to catch-up with teams on site.
What They Are Looking For: You will have working knowledge with Modelling and Data Analytics skills, using tools such as SAS, SQL, R and Python. You will be involved in the entire Data Science lifecycle, from requirement analysis, data understanding and preparation through to modelling and implementing data solutions. You will be able to identify and discuss opportunities and use cases with stakeholders across the business.
• A minimum of 2 years delivery experience of with R, MATLAB, SPSS or Python
• Data Science, Advanced Analytics and Statistical Modelling experience
• Machine Learning and Predictive Modelling experience
• Very strong SQL skills for querying and creation of views, tables, functions and stored procedures
• Familiar with statistical tests such as A/B Testing, Maximum Likelihood, Loss Functions
• A minimum of one of the main visualisation libraries (ggplot2, Tableau, D3.js, Qlik, SAS VA)
• Strong communication skills, both technical and non-technical
• Bachelor/Degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline or demonstrate significant relevant experience
• Any technical certifications indicating the aptitude to absorb training and best practice
• Willing to work on client sites, potentially for extended periods.
• Willing to travel for work purposes and be happy to stay away from home for extended periods
What You Will Do:
• Work in collaboration with several Data Science & Data Engineering teams
• Apply Data Science techniques to solve business problems
• Using Machine Learning to improve business processes
• Working with technologies such as R, SQL, SAS, Qlik, MATLAB, SPSS, Python or Tableau
• Work to a high standard of design and delivery within pre-determined timelines
• Provide regular and accurate progress reporting and communication to BDP colleagues
• Work within Agile frameworks such as SCRUM
• Liaise with client stakeholders as appropriate for the role
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills using appropriate language and tools both internally and externally
• Willingness to take part in delivery of presentations, demonstrations, workshops or training sessions
What You’ll Get:
• 5% Pension from Employer and you can contribute a min of 2%
• Cycle to work scheme
• 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday and 5 days buy/sell
• Death in Service – x4 salary
• Benefits Plus – A reward programme whereby you accrue points to trade against a 3-month paid sabbatical or cash equivalent
By applying now, you accept you have read and accepted our GDPR Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.Back to Vacancy Listing