Graduate PHP Developer
Graduate Developer: Our award-winning Client are growing fast and are looking for a bright, motivated graduate who wants to produce high quality code and work with the latest cloud and development technologies. You need to be team player who is not afraid to get stuck in with writing code and fixing problems. You will work closely with other, experienced developers and develop skills and experience in commercial software development.
• Degree education in Computer Science or related discipline
• A good understanding of OOP and awareness of common software design patterns.
• Evidence of competency in a modern object-orientated programming language such as Java.
• Some exposure to version control systems e.g. Github.
• Awareness of PHP e.g. through completing a University project in that language.
• Experience with a modern PHP framework such as Laravel.
• Some commercial development experience e.g. as part of a summer placement.
• Exposure to Docker.
• Awareness or experience of cloud technologies such as EC2.
• Creating well-crafted, resilient solutions which are used throughout the business and by the public.
• Taking corrective action for any issues with our existing systems.
• Playing an active role as part of a team in planning and implementing technology projects.
• Taking responsibility for the quality and efficacy of their code, from inception to completion, and ensuring that systems are monitored effectively to maximise business continuity;
• Working closely with team colleagues to improve their programming skills.
• Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your line manager.
By applying now, you accept you have read and accepted our GDPR Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.Back to Vacancy Listing