Head of IT & Security
Head of IT Infrastructure & Security: You will be working closely with the CTO and will manage the infrastructure and Security of the organisation. If you are a can-do manager with a previous history delivering a hybrid infrastructure and security remit then please get in contact. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure / Security Manager to join a small company with big ambitions!
We are looking for an experienced IT Infrastructure Manager with recent IT security implementation experience for this innovative client based in North London.
The successful applicant will be a hands-on manager responsible – together with 5 staff – for ICT and cyber security for the UK operation, tasked with overseeing the design, development, management, support, and maintenance of all IT and communication systems.
This is a newly created and fundamentally critical role to our client. The position offers a superb opportunity to lead and shape the IT within the business in a clear direction. The client has already started an IT projects roadmap that covers a range of interesting projects and exciting challenges for you to get your teeth into.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of a small IT team from a 4th line perspective, covering services that will include; service availability, continuity, configuration, change/capacity management, and satisfying business requirements. The current project is developing and delivering on a new cyber-security strategy and frameworks for the business, ensuring best practice for all aspects of information security and governance.
Applicants are expected to be skilled people managers with the ability to oversee a small IT team of 5 individuals.
Education / Experience required:
• Degree educated
• A business service oriented background
• 5 + years’ experience of experience in working within an IT environment, with at least three years in a managerial position
• CISM, Microsoft Certified Professional & / or Microsoft Certified Software Engineer qualifications (or equivalent) or efforts towards such qualifications are desirable.
• Experience in defining, deploying & administering Microsoft based Server solutions:
o Windows server
o Failover Clustering services
o Windows Clusters
• Broad experience in the design and implementation of security across IT systems
• Implementation and administration of backup & disaster recovery solutions for corporate environments
• Good technical experience of Server and Laptop / Desktop security platforms and associated compliance standards – PCI, SANS, NIST, GDPR
• Experience of working with 3rd party service providers to manage IT service solutions.
• Sound experience in providing technical support to end users
• IP-based Voice communication technologies
• Experience negotiating contracts for IT services and hardware/software
• Extensive Microsoft technologies in Server/Client and Networking
• Ability to resolve 2nd/3rd line IT issues
• Clear thinker and communicator with excellent written and verbal skills
• Good administrative and organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
• The ability to work with users to understand and diagnose problems
By applying now, you accept you have read and accepted our GDPR Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.Back to Vacancy Listing