IT Service Desk Team Leader
Service Desk Team Leader As the IT Service Desk Team Leader, you will have strong people management skills with a proven background in leading and motivating teams of IT helpdesk and support teams and customers.
You should have excellent communication skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, whilst delivering excellent customer service within your role.
· To manage the Support Desk and the Support Desk team, ensuring all incoming support requests are processed efficiently.
· Maintain accuracy and appropriate detail of information contained in the helpdesk call logging system. · Escalation point for both staff and customers in relation to process or service failure and work with internal teams and customers to address such issues.
· Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
· To provide ongoing management and support to the service team.
· To ensure all SLA’s and KPI’s are met through regular reviews and audits.
· Ensure any 3rd parties involved in the managed services delivery to customers are delivering as expected/contracted.
· Provide monthly reporting to the Operations Director for all chargeable works carried out and Customer Service reports.
· Produce weekly/monthly call to success ratio performance reports for Operations Director
· Liaise with the Company’s customer base as and when required.
· Ensure every team member has a detailed career progression plan with motivational targets and training programme. Conduct regular performance evaluations.
· Investigate support problems and find solutions in a quick, effective and cost-effective manner.
· Identify improvements to reduce routine user queries and make recommendations to the Operations Director.
· Motivate each individual in the team to achieve to the very best of their ability and exceed expectations.
· Facilitate regular (daily and weekly) department team meetings and reviews.
· Support with the transition of managed services from contract win to operational deployment.
· To be available for out of hours cover as and when required.
· Analyse and resolve problems/queries relating to supported infrastructure including software and hardware.
· Perform basic system administration of supported systems and infrastructure as directed by the Operations Director.
· Observe and respond to various system management and monitoring tools as implemented and escalate or manage incidents or conditions as appropriate.
· Maintain various libraries, registers and records of key information and assets within the IT department.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
· Experience of working as a Helpdesk Service Manager.
· Management experience to include training, development, appraisals, conduct management and motivation of staff.
· Ability to manage demanding customer requests in a fast paced, agile environment.
· Technical implementation experience.
· Enthusiastic self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills at a senior level.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop and recommend solutions for problems/issues.
· Experience in implementing and monitoring SLAs and KPIs and ensuring they are adhered to.
· Ability to develop, implement and manage processes and procedures according to Best Practices. Proven People Management skills.
· Team work – professional communication and presentation skills – to be able to transfer knowledge clearly to the customer and internal teams.
· AutoTask · Microsoft Office 365 · Windows 7, 8 & 10 · Apple MAC · Mobile Configuration · Active Directory · Microsoft Exchange · Citrix · Anti-virus · Remote Access · SCCM/Intune · Networking · Storage Qualifications (desirables): · Microsoft Certifications, e.g. MCSE, MCITP, MCTS, MCSD
Other Requirements · The role may require domestic travel and will also require working outside of normal business hours 24/7 x 365. · Strong written and verbal communication skills. · Organised and able to prioritise multiple tasks. · Good time management skills. · Proven planning and implementation skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and requests. · Proven ability to work to tight deadlines. · Proactive in approach and able to use own initiative. · Flexible in work approach and working hours.
By applying now, you accept you have read and accepted our GDPR Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.Back to Vacancy Listing