We are looking to recruit an experienced, very technical, very hands-on SQL DBA with a bluechip employment background as our Client undertakes an exciting cutting-edge digital transformation project. This is a genuine opportunity to influence the technical direction of the company regarding the full stack. You will be required to help set the Technical Architecture, decide on technology choices and be a key part of the Design Authority. You will be required to coach and mentor junior colleagues and set DBA standards & coding practices for SQL.
You will require experience in the following areas:
• All version of SQL Server including Database-as-a-Service in Azure (Azure SQL Database)
• Full performance tuning, indexing, maintenance (PSdiag) etc.
• Replication, Availability groups and advanced SQL Server functionality
• Advanced SQL skills, complex queries and reverse engineering stored procs and jobs
• Dependency injection / code patterns / enterprise level development
• Database design for OLTP – data modelling
It would be beneficial if you had experience in any of the following:
• Development and automation in PowerShell and any experience of Azure runbooks
• Experience of new 2016/17 functionality – automatic database tuning, graph functionality, cross database transaction in availability groups, DTA, memory optimised etc.
• Azure Data Lakes
• SSRS / Power BI
• Azure Analytics Services
• Graph in SQL Server
By applying now, you accept you have read and accepted our GDPR Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.Back to Vacancy Listing