Technical Author / Technical Writer – Digital Disruptor: A great opportunity for someone who is always looking for new ways to capture and organise knowledge for a fast paced Technology company engaged in a greenfield digital transformation utilising cutting edge cloud technologies. Based out of their offices in Shoreditch AND Barnet, you will be working with the development and product teams who are engaged in the development of a brand new cloud-based (AWS) big data solution.
Our Client is seeking an experienced Technical Author / Technical Writer to plan, develop, organise, write and edit a range of operational procedures and manuals from a number of sources to support an ever-growing Technology platform. As a Technical Author / Technical Writer, you will be ultimately responsible for managing and publishing documentation for their new software, alongside the re-writing of documentation for some of their other products.
- Plan, write, edit and maintain technical engineering and operational IT documents.
- Create document drafts, make changes and updates to existing documentation, and proactively, manage review cycles.
- Research and read such documentation as exists and design notes and use company technical products and information to gather and research more complex technical information for use in more complex documentation.
- Proactively collaborate with subject matter experts (SME) to ensure the accuracy of procedural documentation, updating and publishing as required.
- Additionally work with project managers to ensure project documentation deliverables are provided in a timely manner.
- Be vocal and passionate about the need for, and benefits of, good, relevant documentation that is easy to access. Regularly communicate published updates across Technology to maintain focus and awareness.
- Must Have:
- 3+ years’ experience in a Technical Author position.
- 3+ years’ experience engaging in collaboration projects.
- An understanding of Cloud technologies (ideally AWS, but any Azure / GCP beneficial)
- An understanding of networks, servers and Internet protocols
- The ability to grasp technical products and talk confidently with engineers.
- Ability to translate complex modelling into coherent documentation for relevant stakeholders.
- A good understanding of the documentation production life cycle.
- Good problem solver and methodical approach with good attention to detail.
- Experience of producing a range of user guides and on-line help is essential.
- Experience managing and maintaining large sets of technical documentation.
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and being a member of a scrum team.
- Recent and comprehensive use of collaboration / documentation tools e.g. Confluence and JiraTechnically savvy – Although experience cutting code is not necessary, the ability to communicate technical concepts to an audience is important.
- Typical Documentation types: system manuals, installation guides, service descriptions, system overviews, training material, implementation support documentation, online help.
- Our client would strongly prefer at least a partial blue-chip background; ideally technology-first companies, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram, etc.), fellow digital disrupters (Deliveroo, Uber, Eventbrite, Babylon, etc.), mobile telcos, challenger banks, etc. – with a structured and analytical (but not theoretical) approach to problem-solving.
- Education: STEM Bachelor’s degree required (minimum; ideally from a redbrick / Russell Group university).
By applying now, you accept you have read and accepted our GDPR Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.Back to Vacancy Listing