Lead Microstrategy Engineer
Lead MicroStrategy Engineer: sought by a unique and forward-thinking company that understands the opportunities data and technology has on driving the business forward. You will be delivering best in class business intelligence and analytics solutions. Whilst the role is primarily MicroStrategy focused, it does include exposure to other business intelligence tools/platforms.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing oversight and guidance to the team of BI Analyst Engineers to set and maintain standards and development practices
- Working with the Solution Architect(s) to ensure current and future systems are well architected from a data, application and infrastructure perspective
- Working with an agile, cross functional team taking responsibility for the engineering team deliverables and quality
- Being a keen advocate of quality and continual improvement
- Work closely with Platform Lead to ensure toolset/availability/functionality
- Owning third party technical relationships for the BI toolset
- Key Skills and Experience
- Expertise in all components of the MicroStrategy Stack - MSTR Projects (logical models/schema objects), Intelligent Cubes, Reports, and Documents.
- Able to assist with future enhancements, such as MicroStrategy version upgrades, project rollouts and architecture modifications.
- Team leadership and mentoring skills (including coaching & performance management)
- Experience leading a small team of talented technical developers
- Exceptional analytical skills, problem solving skills and excellent communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge of data visualisation principles and skills –including good user experience/UI Design within BI solutions.
- Knowledge of OLAP concepts, Data warehousing, Data Marts and the concepts of Business Dashboards, Scorecards
- Strong background in Data Warehousing and Dimensional Modelling techniques from a Kimball and/or Inmon perspective
- Experience of working with complex data models and large volume tables with a good knowledge of query performance tuning identification and resolution (either with Database Engineering/DBA’s or within MicroStrategy)
- T-SQL (DML & DDL) and advanced query writing.
- Why work there:
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
- Great development programmes
- Amazing offices and great culture
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday
- Free gym
- Subsidised canteen
- Huge staff discount
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme
- And tonnes more…
By applying now, you accept you have read and accepted our GDPR Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.Back to Vacancy Listing