Our client is an award-winning design and software development agency based in Manchester that specialises in building end-to-end gambling platforms and crafting user focused multi-channel websites and mobile apps.
One of their platforms is based on MySQL and they are looking for a MySQL DBA to join the team to help develop the database aspects of the platform.
If this sounds like you, keep reading...
As a DBA working on the platform you will be working with the Senior DBA on everything relating to all databases whether this is infrastructure, performance optimization, monitoring live databases or working with the team of development of new features.
You will be working closely with the development team, ensuring their schema changes and queries are optimised appropriate.
You will also be supporting the system when it goes live so you will be required to understand all elements of the platform, not just the databases.
What they expect
They are looking for someone who has experience working in a 24x7, high traffic environment.
You will sit within the new team reporting to the Senior DBA
Who we are looking for...
- At least 3 years’ experience as a DBA with at least 1 focused on MySQL or variation of, e.g. Percona XtraDB Cluster
- Experience in a 24x7, high traffic OLTP environment
- Any experience working on scaling MySQL beyond simple replication is a big bonus
- Experience with some level of database performance monitoring and analysis
- Good understanding of RDBMS systems with an emphasis on MySQL
- Experience in handling database performance optimization via query or db optimization
- Good knowledge of Linux, preferably CentOS or similar flavour
- Any experience with administering NoSQL databases is beneficial
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in the gaming industry is a significant advantage
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written
- Hardworking and willing to go above and beyond learning new skills
- Love working as part of a team and collaborating with others
- An interest in troubleshooting and problem solving
By applying now, you accept you have read and accepted our GDPR Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.Back to Vacancy Listing