My client - a Financial Software Provider of the Year winner, is the UK’s largest independent provider of business and accounting software. An ISO 9000 company, their software is accredited by the ICAEW and the Inland Revenue. It is in daily use by more than 10,000 customers worldwide.
As a pre-sales consultant you will join their growing team in the UK in supporting the overall sales effort of this leading independent provider of Consulting, Software and Solutions to the mid-size business market.
Reporting to the Consulting Services Director, your proven track record of designing and developing innovative business solutions using technology will enable you to support the sales process by delivering compelling examples, proof of concept demonstrations and solid industry advice to give the opportunity the best chance of success.
You will have a solid awareness of how our projects are implemented and the ability to understand the wider business issues of our customers as well as the detailed technical implementation activities required by our projects. This field-based role will see you visiting clients and prospects with our sales people to support in the more technical aspects of the sales process. To be considered you must have previous software implementation, pre-sales or sales experience, the ability to translate complex business requirements into workable technical solutions and a proven track record of success
There is scope for a greater or lesser level of technical ability in the role. However, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a high level of capability in the majority of the activities below in their functional or industry-oriented area of specialisation
- · Translation of client business requirements into proposed system solutions
- · Preparation of specific datasets and databases to demonstrate client-specific concepts
- · Creation of example reports in Crystal or Excel
- · In-depth configuration of the software to deliver a specific set of requirements
- · Development of creative solutions involving SQL-based views, triggers, or stored procedures
- · Modification of the software to demonstrate proof of concept solutions
- · Creation of customised workflows and processes using the Access embedded toolset
- · Creation of Excel upload templates using VBA-based methods
- · Demonstrating the above in a client setting or in a webinar environment
- · Providing additional technical or industry knowledge in sales meetings to support the sales person in front of the client
- · Supporting the sales and marketing team at general events, seminars and webinars
- · Providing additional answers and advice with ITT’s and RFP’s
- · Providing education to the sales team on new product enhancements when appropriate
Key experience & skills required:
You must have expert knowledge of at least one SME software product in the area of Finance, HR, CRM, Service Management or Supply Chain solutions. You will need to be able to demonstrate broad business process knowledge and experience as well as technical abiltiy. In addition to this you must have:
- 1. 5+ years experience in a similar or senior sales or implementation role
- 2. Strong database skills (preferably SQL Server)
- 3. Good communication skills
- 4. Be able to demonstrate the ability to pay attention to detail, and to communicate effectively at all levels
- 5. Hold a full driving licence
Salary will be commensurate with experience and will include an expensed car (or a car allowance), contributory pension plan, healthcare and a fully expensed mobile phone.